PyBB Modified (PyBBM) and original PyBB¶
PyBB originally developed by lorien in 2008-2010 has ben dropped from development in mid 2010.
This is a list of differences between PyBB and PyBBM as of mid 2011.
- All settings of pybbm have default values, see default.py file for detailed list.
- pybbm templates fill content, head, title and breadcrumb blocks for template defined in settings as PYBB_TEMPLATE (“base.html” by default).
- Markup engines can be configured as an ordinary settings.
- PyBBM designed to fit django-staticfiles (django <= 1.2) or django.contrib.staticfiles (django >= 1.3).
- Default pybbm templates and css files include only layout, minimal design and no coloring, so it’s easy to fit any existed site colorscheme.
- PyBBM code covered with tests more than 80%
- PyBBM provides completely rewritten unread tracking with big performance improvement on large database
- Views rewritten to use as many generics as possible
- Number of external dependencies significantly reduced
- PyBBM well documented
- PyBBM included two example projects for fast start.